Laser cutter reservations
To schedule an appointment online please follow these steps:
- Go to the scheduling website
- Create a new account by clicking on the ‘Create a new user account’ option at the login screen
- Follow the instructions using your asu.edu email address, a confirmation email will be sent
- Open the confirmation email and confirm the registration
- Login to the scheduling site
- Locate a date and time when you would like to schedule a session
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
Sessions may only be scheduled up to 5 days out. (More specifically, up to 120 hours out.)
Laser cutter scheduling site
Laser cutter open hours
Red and Blue laser cutters:
- Monday -Thursday, 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Friday from 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Yellow and Purple laser cutters:
- Monday – Thursday, 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Friday from 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
In-person scheduling – for self only
Students may not sign up for someone else; all sessions must be self-scheduled.
Phone scheduling- for changes only
Students may make changes to their reserved sessions by phone but may not schedule a new session by phone. Students must agree to the terms and conditions online or in person for a new session to be made.
If the student has not arrived within 15 minutes of their reserved session then the session and collected monies will be forfeited.
- Student’s ASU ID is required when checking in for a session.
- If you are letting another student use all or a portion of your time, you must notify the Lab Assistant on duty.
- If you are the individual that is using someone else’s appointment we need an in-person or over the phone confirmation that they are allowing you to use their appointment.
- All sessions begin at the beginning of the reservation time, not when the student arrives.
- Student are only allotted three half hour sessions a day and can only schedule 2 days worth of sessions in advance.
- Students must agree to the terms and conditions when scheduling a session in person.
- Appointments can be scheduled during any available session within the scheduling parameters.
- Walk-In sessions are available according to availability.
Walk-ins and FSE student prioritization
Walk-ins welcome, however students with reservations have preference. Please plan accordingly and triple check the reservation schedule.
Fulton Schools of Engineering 3D print and laser cutter lab support FSE students with class assignments and takes priority over reservations. Lab assistant will contact students if there is a conflict with the schedule.
Laser cutting during finals
We experience a high volume of reservations three weeks before final projects are due. Please schedule in advance and cancel your reservation if you no longer need your slot.
Cancelling your reservation allows other students the opportunity to use the tool during this busy time.